Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Catching up

So, Saturday night Beloved went out to get some air and think. This is what I wrote in my notebook (I didn't feel like sitting in front of a computer):
At some point, Gigi, you have to "let go and let God", as they say.
Will I always love him? Yes
Will I always forgive him? Yes
Will you take him back if he leaves? Oh. God help me, but yes...How could you turn away half of your soul?

The other day we were driving and listening to Matisyahu. The line in the song about his wife "Coming into this world our soul was torn in two. Searching for you, I've been searching for you..." I pointed it out because I always think of him. I know now that he had been thinking of her.
He is so deceived. Satan's so strong and has such a stranglehold on him. He cannot even see it. But I know what I feel and I find solace in the promise I have of peace and grace from Heavenly Father. Because I need it. Oh, but so does he.

1 comment:

hawkgrrrl said...

There are two ways of looking at being a couple: two halves of a whole (soulmates) is one way, but I think it's far more healthy to think of yourselves as two whole people in your own right. When people start looking to another person to "complete" them, they are not truly ready to be an adult in a relationship. It's a slippery slope. It seems as though your DH is stuck on that idea to some extent.