Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Quoth The Raven Tuesday

Ok, no this isn't a post about Poe. Or birds. I just really wanted a Tuesday theme and I couldn't think of anything and I also wanted to use the word 'quoth' but you can't really use it without 'the raven' for some reason. I think they are all copyrighted together or something. I'm not sure.
ANYWAY...
So, here is something that some wise someone I do not know quoth. (Oh, look! I CAN use it!)
"When you come to the edge of all the light you know
and are about to step into the darkness of the unknown,
FAITH is knowing that one of two things will happen.
There will be something solid to stand on...
or you will be taught how to fly."
Barbara J. Winter
I have that quote up on my kitchen wall. I have been thinking of it a lot these past few weeks.
I keep thinking of that scene in Indiana Jones and the Holy Grail (or whatever that movies is called) where he gets to that big deep chasm and he takes that 'leap of faith' and steps out onto what looks like nothing until he realizes there is a narrow and almost invisible bridge across the gap.
You know that I am trying to follow what I feel God is leading me to do. I feel like I keep taking those scary little first leaps and looking down in surprise to find a bridge where I saw none before.
Today I am taking another of those leaps and praying for that bridge to be there.
Here's to another Indiana Jones moment.

5 comments:

Alicia said...

You're amazing.

Thank you for the quote. It's a keeper.

jmn2001 said...

Hope the bridge is there...we used to refer to that image a lot when J. was moving here...it's pretty powerful.

Love you and hope all is well.

S.

MiMi said...

You are amazing, and Indiana Jones is hot. :)
I'm gonna print that saying off.

The Johnson Family said...

Once again...we love you!!!

wonder woman said...

I hope you don't have to learn to fly right now. But if you do, you'll soar.

Sorry that was so cheesy. ♥