Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Angels in Yellow Rubber Gloves

Did you know that angels carry paper towels, tilex, 409, and clorox? It's true. I can prove it. Because Tuesday an army of angels, otherwise known as beautiful women from my church, descended upon my home and made it sparkle and shine.

Monday two angels-on-earth came by to see what I needed. When I said nothing, they said, 'no, really. what can we do.' and I thought about how I feel so overwhelmed at the idea of trying to get the house back in working order again. And they said, "That's what we thought. You need some peace. How about we get some people over here tomorrow?" Ok. I'm totally paraphrasing. But it was something like that.

It was badly in need of a good scrub down, let me tell you. On one hand it was terribly embarrassing to have them come in and clean my house. And terribly humbling to allow them in the first place. I haven't done any housework since I found out all of this was going on. And even in June my house was beginning to look like I'd have to pray the health board doesn't stop by.

So imagine how it looked after weeks of me feeling no desire to clean. No brain power to waste, er, spend (can someone teach me how to do the crossing out type?!) on organization or, you know, anything.

Think "How Clean Is Your House?" I know. It's disgusting. I used to watch that show and think, "I'd never let my house get like that." and yet, here I was.

The most embarrasing thing was when one of the ladies (super awesome and one of those people who I just know has never had a layer of dust or...other stuff...anywhere in her home) was cleaning the floor in my room and asked if I had a pet because the floor had so much hair on it. I was too embarrassed to say that my hair has been falling out by the handful lately. (I'm nursing and under stress. you do the math) So I told her no, but that we did used to. Which we did. But not for a long time. I was just so mortified. I know. I hate that I lied about it. But, seriously, I haven't vacuumed that floor in months. And there was enough to... I dunno. I'm tired, people. I can't think of what I'd do with about a gallon of hair... OK. Not that I'd actually do something with a gallon of hair...I'm not a lunatic.

OK. And there go some of my readers right now. **waving bye-bye sadly**

Anyway. They cleaned every bit of my home. And didn't leave until I had dealt with the piles. They were just what I needed.

Thank you to the women who came to my home. Miss S, Miss Ad, Miss R, Miss Ma, Miss An, Miss Mi, Miss T. I love you all. I know you don't read this, but here is a little love being sent out into the universe on your behalf.
**the sound of a big kiss**

Gigi.

18 comments:

Miss R said...

You know how when someone you love is having a hard time, and you desperately wish there was something - anything- you could do?

It was wonderful to be able to DO something. Thank-you so much for letting us come.

You have done some wonderful things for my family. I loved every minute of helping you. (of course, I wasn't the one in your bedroom..... lol)

I love you.

RoryPaints said...

Love you! And don't ever forget what I told you about that army of angels behind you. They're there and they are SO tangible. I can feel it! And I'm so happy that things went well with the kids. I can totally see Miss 4 year old twirling around aimlessly and singing to herself. I got such a kick out of that when you guys were here!

The Johnson Family said...

So happy for you. You deserved that! You know that they were blessed just as much as you were. It's always a humbling thing to have someone come and clean your house, but sometimes it's a well needed break as well. Nothing like having a clean house! :)

Karen said...

I absolutely love belonging to a church where people do this kind of thing for each other.

It reminds me that I really need to do my Visiting Teaching this month!

As for crossing stuff out in your post, it's super simple! All you have to do is type the code: < s > then your words or phrase, and then < / s > (but without any spaces between the bullet thingies). You can just type that right in the compose mode and blogger will know what you mean.

Joanie M said...

Braja sent me. In the next few days I'll read your blog in it's entirety. You are living the life I was living 5 years ago. Be strong.

Bumpkin on a Swing said...

Now you are off to a "clean" start, start pondering where the finish line is Gigi....
Checking in on you three times a day now....
Praying for you! Just you!

wonder woman said...

I haven't vacuumed my bedroom floor in months, either. And I have no excuse. Do NOT feel guilty about that.

I'd be in exactly the same boat as you if....I were in the same boat. Ü One of the biggest reasons I keep the house clean is to "impress" my husband. If that incentive feels like it's not gonna get my anything, I don't think I'd bother. Honestly.

I'm so glad you have this army of angels surrounding you. God is watching out for you.

Joanne said...

You are so blessed to have women like that in your life. My girlfriend is one of those angels and I know it means the world to her to be able to help others when they need it.
You deserve to have these angels and from what I see from your followers there isn't one that would turn and walk away now no matter the circumstances.

"Q" said...

Love back to you!

Miss S

MiMi said...

Oh sweetie, that's WONDERFUL!!! If I lived near you I'd be there with casseroles and stuff, cause that's all I can think of when someone's struggling. Food. Sad, huh?
Anyway, could you send them my way now?? :)

Kelly said...

I just came by to visit from SITS, and I had to take a moment to catch up on all your posts.

It's so hard for me to imagine everything you are going through, but you seem to really have a great attitude about it. I admire you faith through it all.

Beth said...

So happy for your clean house. I bet you feel a little better to have things picked up and cleaned. I wish I could come help too. You have wonderful support with your church and I feel better reading about this. I have worried about you!!

Lisa Anne said...

Wow that is great. I'm visiting you for the first time from SITS, so I have not had a chance to find out whats going on in your life but it seems very overwheleming from reading this post. I wish you the best of luck and It will get better.

Especially with friends like that. I can't wait to read more of your posts.

Chanda said...

Oh, Gigi. I just read through some of your posts and I am so sad for you. But also very amazed at your grace and forgiveness. You are an amazing example for your children and everyone that reads your words. I'm glad you stopped by my blog. I'll be following your blog and will be praying for you and your children.

Jeanne said...

I gather things have gotten worse...still praying.

Karen said...

We haven't heard from you for a couple of days. I hope you're ok!

Ritsumei said...

I was totally going to de-lurk by telling you how to do the strike-through thing, but I see that someone already beat me to it.

Visiting Teachers are the best.

I think you're amazing. The grace and charity you're showing in this most difficult of situations is unbelievable.

Penelope said...

What beautiful women :) They ARE angels!