Thursday, August 6, 2009

Texting With The Other Woman

I almost titled this post 'texting with the devil' but I think that might be overstating things a bit, don't you? ; )

So, as I said in a previous post, I texted with Shannon while we were on vacation.

Since I had taken his phone (again, if you don't remember, see the link to the post above) he said he needed to at least text her so he could tell her to stop texting and calling. I said I'd do it. And I did.

I said, "Hi Shannon, this is [Gigi]. No more texts or calls for a little while, ok? Thanks. Oh, and I'm glad you feel better after the workout."

Now. I don't know if you can see it, hidden as it is, but I am pretty sure I mentioned who was typing the text in the body of the text.

Anyway. The responding text was, "I love you and I miss you!" which I found very flattering, as we have never met. KIDDING. I was like, 'um, can you read?'

SO I responded with, "Like I said, no more texts or calls for a little while. Thanks, [Gigi]"

And she texts back "huh? Is that meant for me?"

And then, I type the first text all. over. again. Which was difficult since his phone and I are not compatible and I can't type as fast on his as I can on mine.

And she says, "This is [Gigi]? Well, OK, does he know you have his phone and are texting me?"

And I answered that yes, he did, that he was right in the room holding Baby Boy (though he did walk out of the room as I was finishing up the text) and he asked me to text her because Sister felt strongly that he could not cheat on me in their home.

To which she responded, "Hmm, yeah. I highly doubt he asked you to do this. I completely respect what you are asking, but unless I hear his voice telling me to stop I'm going to KEEP texting him and telling him I miss him and I love him."

So I just said, "do what you want" because I didn't feel like saying anything else.

Then Beloved, when I told him she wasn't being so nice said, "lets just take out the battery, already!" So we did. I kept the phone, he kept the battery.

The really weird thing about the experience (aside from, you know, texting with my husbands girlfriend) was that I KNEW EXACTLY WHAT SHE WAS GOING TO SAY BEFORE SHE SAID IT. Seriously. I felt the words of each text come into my mind before I even read it.

Weird, right? It was the ickiest kind of deja vu I've ever experienced. Not that I've experienced a great many deja vu of the icky variety. You know what I mean.

OH, and before I get you 'all up in my bidness' (that was for you, BFF and MamaFace!--and all you other Baby Mama fans) about being nice to her in the texts: Yes, I could have said, 'B*&@#, leave him alone. He's with his family, you blankity-blank-blank.' But I DIDN'T. See how I'm a nice person? Who says I'm not nice? I ask you.

Oh, and I also didn't say that because...well, I cannot imagine actually saying that to someone. Ever. Sorry. That's what my big sister is for. ; ) LOVE YOU, SAM!!!

Gigi.

***Um, I am a HUGE dork and realized about 2 minutes ago that I typed my real name in here like 3 times! Hellooo. So much for anonymity. I've changed it now. Sheesh. ***

6 comments:

wonder woman said...

What a ........... skank.

That's the nicest word I could come up with.

It's like she doesn't think you have RIGHTS as the WIFE.

You handled it very well. It sounds like S is acting like she's 17, too, and you're the mean mom who doesn't like her son's manipulative girlfriend.

Inconceivable!

Tiffany said...

This is my first visit to your blog (VIA SITS) and all I can say is WOW!
Hold fast to the gospel and know that Heavenly Father is mindful of you. You'll be in my prayers.

Housewife Savant said...

This is another of those moments when I've got no words.
But I'm here.
Rooting for you!

@eloh said...

Hi, I just dropped by from SITS to say I love unicorns too.


And by the way, I'll be crawling around in your archives to catch up, but never beat yourself up about being a lady.

You can deal with trash without becoming trash.

MiMi said...

Um...so, am I the only one that thinks she sounds like a total IDIOT??? Seriously. Totally.stupid.
And I always find that if I'm really mad and wanna curse and stuff and I hear someone being totally polite and stuff it makes me feel SMALL, so that's good that you did it like that. ;)

Penelope said...

omg, i just read this...she is *chasing* your husband, and she is a really bad person! does he KNOW you are texting her??? what right does she have to question his wife? SHE has no rights!!! What a bad person!