Friday, September 25, 2009

Thoughts. Just...Thoughts...

I've been thinking about Baby Girl's words. Hoping they meant something to Beloved.

I prayed for that the night she told him all those things too profound for a 4 year-old.

As I lay in bed I pictured what I had asked in my prayer:

Let Baby Girl's words be like creatures with claws. Not mean. Not hurtful. Like, birds. Let her words be like little birds which might perch themselves on Beloved's heart. Let those little claws hold tight, so they cannot easily be shaken off. Let the weight and heft of their meaning lend weight and heft to his heart. Let him see what he is doing to his little girl.

And the wind is shifting. Something is changing. So we'll see...


******************************************
Also:
If some of you missed it, here is an a w e s o m e article by one who has gone through this. Well, something similar. Go read it.
*******************************************
Oh. A quote. Something in the last post's comments made me think of C. S. Lewis:

"To love at all is to be vulnerable. Love anything, and your heart will
certainly be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of
keeping it intact, you must give your heart to no one, not even to an
animal. Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid
all entanglements; lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your
selfishness. But in the casket- safe, dark, motionless, airless--it
will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable,
impenetrable, irredeembable."
It sucks sometimes. But it is worth it.
Gigi.

1 comment:

MiMi said...

I just read your Baby Girl's new Words post!
I love this quote by CS Lewis. I love him.